Welcome to the One Ocean International Deep Dive 4.0: Fine-Tuning the Dive Reflex, with Joe Knight.
This webinar was held on 30th June, 2021 at 2100AEST/1900AWST.
- 00:00: Introduction and Welcome from Joe
- 05:00: Review of the Dive Reflex
- What are the triggers?
- What are the symptoms?
- How and why does this reflex occur
- 15:00: Refining the Dive Reflex
- The performance plateau
- Understanding how to get the most out of the Dive Reflex
- Why the Dive Reflex become “stagnant”
- Working with your physiology
- 30:00: Putting Dive Reflex Refinement into Practice
- How do these principles of training translate to “real” situations?
- How does understanding Dive Reflex Refinement lead to greater safety?
- 45:00: Q&A Session
About the Guest Speaker
Joe founded One Ocean International in 2012.
He is a currently registered Apnea Academy Freediving Instructor, professional waterman as well as a medic, nutrition and lifestyle consultant and a renowned trainer and coach specialising in personal development.
Joe found his passion for helping others very early in life through joining the Royal Australian Navy, were he served as a Medic and was discharged honourably with a Maritime Commander Australia Commendation whilst serving in South East Asia.
Joe’s legacy is, “Your success is my success”, which he applies to his various roles as a trainer and coach.
He has trained with some of the best athletes and teams in the world including surfers, cross-fitters, humanitarian disaster teams, windsurfers, swimmers, boxers, ultra marathon runners, freedivers, watermen and waterwoman.