Over the past 12-18 months, the Austere Risk team has been hard at work trying to make the most of what this new COVID-19 world has thrown at us.
One of the main projects we’ve been working on is a collaboration with Australia’s leading Wilderness First Aid provider – Survive First Aid – to bridge the gap between technology and wild places.
And we’re very happy to report that after much field-testing the days of out-of-date first aid books and messy, rain-soaked patient record forms are over!
Introducing the Survive First Aid Field App – a one-stop shop for Wilderness First Aid Guidelines, Australian First Aid resources, offline GPS and photo-enabled patient record forms, positional incident mapping, simplified record-keeping, quick-reference handovers…and so much more!
TheSurvive First Aid Field App is the product of countless hours in wild places treating patients, battling weather patterns, seeking reliable information and attempting to construct official paperwork from saturated field notes. It’s the accumulation of our wishes and desires whilst in the field performing remote medical work, on humanitarian missions, patching people up on the fly at events and generally trying to keep track of our treatment in remote places.
We knew there had to be a better way…so here it is!
We designed theSurvive First Aid Field App to be a safe, secure (all data is password-protected, securely stored and only visible by the user), device-transferable (yep- it works on all your devices!) and fast way of brushing-up on your knowledge and recording patient data on the fly.
For us, it was also a non-negotiable that whatever we produced worked offline in the field.
So it does just that!!
You can check the correct treatment for a patient, consult relevant evacuation guidelines and even save their Patient Record…no matter where you are.
TheSurvive First Aid Field App is chock-full of features that we wanted included, because we knew they would be useful.
Things like Single-Tap GPS, which allows you to capture a high-accuracy GPS location at the scene with a single tap using your mobile’s GPS and Quick-Snap Photos which allows you to use your device’s camera to attach images of the injury or important on-scene details for later.
There’s simple drop-down menus to help you collect the right patient data and Systematic Handovers, allowing you to send your patient onto higher care quickly and professionally. Patient care records are automatically emailed to your registered address, providing a quick and easy option for safe storage.
We’re happy to say that the future of Wilderness First Aid has arrived in the form of theSurvive First Aid Field App!
Check it out and register for free by scanning the QR code or at: https://austererisk.com/product/survive-app/
PS: If you work for an organisation that thinks the field app is a great resource, drop us an email. Our Intelligent Field Portals are powerful, intuitive and fully-customisable information solutions that bridge the gap between your office and the field. Think of them like the Survive First Aid Field App, on steroids! If you’re sick of paperwork, clunky onboarding or outdated SOP’s, an Intelligent Field Portal could be just what you need.
- WFA Guidelines- offline Wilderness First Aid guidelines covering injuries, illnesses, environmental presentations and skills for the Wilderness First Aid provider. Guidelines are regularly updated and mapped to Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) and Wilderness Medical Society (WMS) standards.
- Australian First Aid Resources – important contact information for all emergency situations in your pocket when you need it – whether you’re on-or-offline!
- Patient Record Form (N.O.T.E.S) – offline GPS and photo enabled patient record forms (N.O.T.E.S) which can quickly and efficiently capture important patient information in the field – without paper.
- Safe, Secure and Professional – all Survive First Aid field app data is password-protected, securely stored and only visible by the user.
- Seamlessly Transferable – use your N.O.T.E.S form to record essential information at the scene (on your mobile device) and then complete it later on any other device, such as a tablet or computer.
- Fast, Useful and Offline – the Survive First Aid app is designed to work offline in the field- which means places where phone (or internet) coverage is patchy or simply non-existent. Streamlined content presentation and functional features keeps the Survive First Aid app fast and useful.
- Location Mapping and Single-Tap GPS – capture a high-accuracy GPS location at the scene with a single tap using your mobile’s GPS. Patient locations can be displayed as a simple map layer, allowing you to visualise and track your in-field first aid treatments.
- Quick-Snap Photos – use your device’s camera to attach an image of the injury or important on-scene details for later. And if you forget, you can attach a photo using your desktop file selector when you get home.
- Simple Dropdown Menus – the days of messy, frantic or illegible patient records are over! Experience uniform formatting for all your patient records, along with many of the key first aid terms and information pre-loaded into dropdown menus, so you can focus on your patient.
- Easy Record Keeping – every completed N.O.T.E.S form can be sent to your personal, secure email address for safe lifetime storage.
- Systematic Handovers – send your patient onto higher care quickly and professionally with pre-filled handovers at the end of every form.