Austere was engaged to build custom offline apps for trainers, students and graduates of Survive First-Aid Wilderness First-Aid courses.
Two apps were built for Survive:
- A student responder app with:
- Offline access to current Wilderness First-Aid guidelines
- A digital patient care records (N.O.T.E.S) form with GPS location and image upload
- A resources section with mental health and specialist clinical contact information
- Trainers pre-course and post-course checklists, and other trainer resources such as COVID-19 prevention and management plan
- A student resource ‘ebook’ app with:
- Offline access to a wealth of up-to-date information from the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC), the Wilderness Medical Society (WMS) and other specialist groups
- The A.C.C.E Model psychological first-aid handbook
- The Survive First-Aid Pocket Handbook
These two resources provide students with all the current information they need to successfully graduate the courses, respond to emergencies with confidence, and keep current with the latest information. Using this system, Survive was also able to transition to near-paperless courses which helped to reduce waste.