Bespoke offline management apps to transform the way you manage your team in the field
Teams that function and communicate well are safe and effective teams. Austere team field apps tie together all the components of a risk management system with a fast, lightweight, customised offline portal and app which can be distributed to your team members to improve safety before, during and after remote wilderness activities. Austere team field apps are accessible via desktop, tablet or mobile phone, and are distributed directly to team members using a customised link (without the need or cost of app stores).
Austere team field apps bring your traditional paper forms, maps, risk matrices, incident reports, emergency plans and other essential documents into the hands of its intended users with a fast, clean and easy-to-access offline interface. Alternatively, Austere team field apps can be designed and built for teams/organisations with no existing risk management system in place.
Austere team field apps features:
- Delivered to your team members with a single URL
- Customised for your activity/organisation
- Full offline use (data syncs when back online)
- Team maps with field data, and offline, online, satellite, weather and activity layers
- Digital forms with high-accuracy (±3m) GPS locations and photos
- Private (login required) and/or public (no login required) sections
- Three levels of access (e.g. user, supervisor and manager)
- Field GPS data point collection (synced to team map)
- Checklists and inspection forms
- Form submissions emailed to user and other selected people
- Contacts directory
- Risk assessment tools
- Task/mission briefings
- Email notifications and reminders
Austere Team Field Apps vs SaaS Cloud Hosted Subscriptions
Austere team field apps are different from the normal $/user/month 3-rd party hosted options (sometimes referred to as SaaS – Software as a Service). The following table outlines the differences to you make a decision on the right type of application for your team or project.
|Category||Austere team field apps||SaaS|
|Ownership||The team/client owns the app and data. Client can move app to a new hosting provider anytime.||Subscription-based model. Locked in to a 3rd party provider|
|Customisation||On-request. Applications can be tailored to the team’s requirements||Usually not available. Features are limited to the platform. Features may often be suggested and developed in time with enough popularity|
|Devices||All devices (cross-platform) as single app or website.||Usually cross-platform. Two or more apps to maintain|
|Distribution||Delivered directly to your team by a single URL.||Via app stores. Users required accounts and credit cards, even for free apps|
|Initial cost||$2500 – $10000 depending on features. No limit on users.||Normally free to get started|
|Ongoing costs||Nil for small-medium team.||$7-$35/user/month depending on features|
These demo apps are provided for you to test on your device. Feel free to create an account with your own email (no spam or marketing – test accounts will be deleted periodically), or use the test accounts on the registration page. You can add, edit or delete any data you like. These demos can be installed on your own device for offline testing.
|Survive First-Aid Student Resource||This app is essentially an offline book that can be read easily on any device and install like an app. This form of application is great for managers who required their staff to have an operations manual in the field, without the usual headache of telling team members to ‘please find the latest PDF‘ in amongst their emails in the field.|
– fast, light, and offline
– distributed by a single link, once only
– ebook features including night mode font-size change
– each heading has a unique URL to make it easy to reference a section of a document
– content updates automatically – the latest version of your documents is always in the hands of your team
– PDF export if printing is required
Austere team field apps are available as a single outright purchase or with a subscription-based pricing model. Get in touch for a no-obligation chat about the best system to suit your team or activity.