Hosting content on the Austere Learning Hub is a great way to pass on your valuable knowledge and be paid for it at the same time. The Austere Learning Hub is a community for people undertaking work or adventure in remote, wilderness and austere environments. The Austere Learning Hub hosts a range of content including:
- Online courses
- Full hosted programs
- Learning groups
Online courses (elearning) allow your learners to complete their study from convenient locations across all devices, either automatically managed by the system, or manually managed by you. Online courses have the following features:
- courses can be free or paid
- courses can be public or private
- courses can be bundled together into full qualifications
- lessons can be shared between courses
- certificates can be issued to learners for course completion
- courses can have assessments with automatic or manual grading
- courses can have assignment uploads
- courses can have resources to be downloaded
- courses can have a private discussion forum
- courses can have a variety of lesson types including video and HTML5 interactivity such as branch decision scenarios, image hotspots, and more.
- courses can have live and recorded webinar lessons
Hosting is for instructors who are privately enrolling students into courses or activities that may be 100% online, 100% offline (face to face), or a combination of both.
Example: XYZ Trekking wants to make sure their trekkers are fully prepared for their upcoming expedition. The pre-expedition emails are not really being read and trekkers are still arriving unprepared which is a risk for both the trekker and XYZ trekking. After consulting with Austere Risk, XYZ Trekking migrates its onboarding process to the Austere Learning Hub to solve this problem. Now the process looks like this:
- Trekkers are informed that they will not trek and forfeit their money if they do not hold a ‘Trekkers Preparation Certificate’ before the departure date.
- Trekkers are enrolled on the ‘Trekkers Preparation Program’ as soon as they book their trek.
- Trekkers move through the steps:
- Complete their essential information in a form
- Upload a medical clearance as an ‘assignment’ which is approved by XYZ trekking
- Upload a travel insurance policy an ‘assignment’ which is approved by XYZ trekking
- Work through some training videos at their own pace to help them prepare
- Upload a Strava (or similar) GPX file showing the required amount of distance/elevation in the required timeframe as an assignment, which is approved by XYZ trekking.
- Ask questions in the group chat feature to assist other trekkers with similar questions
- Complete a final preparation quiz to highlight any deficiencies. 100% pass mark required. Automatically marked.
- Trekker is presented with a ‘Trekkers Preparation Certificate’ and is ready to trek.
The benefits of using the Austere Learning Hub to host and manage your private leaners include:
- A dashboard to enrol learners individually or in bulk.
- A dashboard to monitor the progress of every learner
- Your learners are easily enrolled in a ‘pipeline’ of learning with clear progression steps for before, during and after the training
- Assignment uploads to show evidence of completed pre-training steps, such as due diligence, medical clearances, etc.
- Pre-course information can be sent automatically at designated intervals (drip-feed) to avoid information overload.
- Surveys to collect post-training feedback and information can be sent automatically
- Certificates of completion are awarded automatically
- Reports can be generated of every learner’s history to show evidence of due diligence when preparing learners for their training. Sending PDFs via email does not confirm a learner has actually read the information. Making the PDF into a course topic, with a short quiz does confirm the engagement.
How much do I get paid in commissions for course sales?
Please see the schedule of rates
How and when do I get paid for course sale commissions?
Commissions on course sales are paid to instructors on the 1st of every month for the previous month’s sales. Commissions are paid via PayPal to your bank account and a PayPal account is required. The instructor dashoard shows real-time sales and comissions.
What can I expect in return for my commissions?
The Learning Hub percentage of your sales covers expenses such as:
- hosting the LMS on high-speed reliable servers
- access to a community of like-minded potential customers
- personal support
Who owns the rights to my content when it’s hosted on the Learning Hub?
Content creators always own and retain the intellectual rights to the content they produce and deliver on the Austere Learning Hub.
Are there minimum standards for course quality?
Please see the Content Standards.
Are there any restrictions on subject matter for courses?
Please see the Content Standards.
If you are unsure if your material fits the criteria in the Content Standards, please fill out the form below and we’ll be touch to discuss.
I’m interested – where do I apply to become an instructor?
Please complete this form to express your interest in delivering and selling content on the Austere Learning Hub.