Austere Risk delivers high-quality safety, medical and rescue consultation, and on-location services to our valued clients. We develop risk management solutions for projects where environment, terrain, remoteness, and complexity exceeds the client’s ability to manage risk, or where the client prefers to outsource risk management and focus on the task at hand. With decades of experience in complex medical, rescue, and military operations, Austere is ready to navigate difficult risks in remote environments.
We are standing by to collaborate on your activity, and put together a risk management strategy that keeps your team safe and effective in the field.
Austere Risk will provide quality safety, medical, rescue, and consultation services in remote and complex environments, in order to preserve life, improve welfare, and support the mission of our valued clients.
The following Principles underpin Austere consulting services and field operations:
- Endure hardship where others may decline, in order to preserve life
- Provide the most prepared, self-sufficient medical, rescue, and safety support to remote activities through:
- Undertaking thorough research, planning and preparation in areas of equipment, terrain, weather, hazards, access, egress and evacuation
- Providing clients with robust, vetted, physically and mentally fit support personnel
- Take an active interest in participant safety, and place emphasis on proactive measures to:
- Prevent injury and illness to participants
- Maintain the general welfare and wellbeing of participants
- Keep participants in the field where possible
- Keep the itinerary or production schedule on-track
- Support managers in their duty-of-care to provide a safe environment for activity participants
- Deliver the highest quality medical care to participants suffering injury/illness through:
- Current evidence-based clinical practice
- High-level clinical decision making support via telemedicine technology
- Tracking patient treatment to assess the adequacy of care
- Coordination of evacuation where necessary
- Recognize that positions on remote activities are scarce and a privilege, and add value by undertaking other reasonable tasks outside the primary mission where possible
- Observe, document, and report to clients, strategies to reduce risk on future remote activities.
- Support clients by providing realistic and achievable advice and recommendations on risk reduction strategies for their remote activities.
Read more about the support we provide:
Providing the highest quality medical, rescue and safety services to static and mobile activities
Remote, office or field-based consulting to help reduce risk through practical tested measures.
Customised and relevant eLearning and on-site training to give your team the confidence to operate safely in the field
Bespoke offline management apps to transform the way you manage your team in the field
Proactive and robust expedition medics to keep your clients safe and in the field wherever possible.
Prepared, self-sufficient medical and safety support for remote scientific and resource exploration teams
Operational safety and medical support for your humanitarian or disaster response NGO teams working in difficult environments
Services to support instructors and improve student welfare in outdoor education programs
Supporting organizers to improve the safety and welfare of participants, and deliver highly successful events
TV, Film and Media
Embedded safety and medical support for remote media, TV, film, and documentary crews to improve welfare and keep production on track.
Discuss Your Project
Please get in touch for a no-obligation chat about how we can help you deliver a safe and successful remote project.