About Austere Risk Management
Innovative risk management for safe and effective teams
Austere delivers high-quality safety, medical and rescue consultation and on-location services to our valued clients. With decades of experience in complex medical, rescue and military operations, Austere is ready to navigate difficult risk in remote environments, anywhere in the world.
We are standing by to collaborate on your activity, and put together a risk management strategy that keeps your team safe and effective in the field.
Austere Risk Management will provide the highest-quality safety, medical and rescue consultation and services to remote activities, under difficult conditions if necessary, to preserve life and improve the welfare of our valued clients.
The following Principles underpin Austere consulting services and field operations:
- Endure hardship where others may decline, in order to preserve life
Provide the most prepared, self-sufficient medical, rescue and safety support to remote activities through:
- Undertaking thorough research, planning and preparation in areas of equipment, terrain, weather, hazards, access, egress and evacuation
- Providing clients with robust, vetted, physically and mentally fit support personnel
Take an active interest in participant safety, and place emphasis on proactive measures to:
- Prevent injury and illness to participants
- Maintain the general welfare and wellbeing of participants
- Keep participants in the field where possible
- Keep the itinerary or production schedule on-track
- Support managers in their duty-of-care to provide a safe environment for activity participants
Deliver the highest quality medical care to participants suffering injury/illness through:
- Current evidence-based clinical practice
- High-level clinical decision making support via tele-medicine technology
- Tracking patient treatment to assess adequacy of care
- Coordination of evacuation where necessary
- Recognise that positions on remote activities are scarce and a privilege, and add value by undertaking other reasonable tasks outside the primary mission where possible
- Observe, document and report to clients, strategies to reduce risk on future remote activities.
- Support clients by providing realistic and achievable advice and recommendations on risk reduction strategies for their remote activities